WHAT IS THE NEW APPROACH?
Free of charge consultation meeting
- We begin by discussing what the investment available for the project and compare that to the current costs are to do the project.
- Consult with the interior designer – either selected by the homeowner or provided by Homeworks by Kelly.
- Work with designer to create new space
- concept design
- material specs
Scope & Budget
- Enter into Design/Budget contract w/ HomeWorks by Kelly
- Site visit with all subs that will perform work at your home. We will obtain a do not exceed bid from them based on the plans and scope of work.
- Price out the actual materials you are planning to use
- Homeowner and the designer establish the final budget and scope of work.
- Adjustments to the design and scope may be made to keep the project within the desired budget.
- Enter into construction contract.
- Create a production schedule.
- Create detailed job book
- Order materials to ensure they are on-site when needed.
- Subs are notified in advance when they will be needed onsite to perform their tasks.
- Establish start date
- Invite homeowner to project management website.
- A pre-construction meeting with the homeowner and carpenter:
- Establish the house rules
- This meeting will also cover what to expect during construction.
- Dust protection and demo started.
- HomeWorks and designer will meet with the subs throughout the project to make sure they are following the plans as well as problem solve any issues that might come up.
- The homeowner is communicated with through the project so that they are aware of any schedule changes and what to expect moving forward.
- Punch list is created about ¾’s into the project so that subs can finish up their tasks. The homeowner is asked to help build the punch list.
- Final clean of space and quality control is done to ensure there are no issues that need HomeWorks attention.
- Space turned over to the homeowner.